History of the Department of Pediatric Surgery
In 1974, the faculty was reorganized into the Department of Pediatric Surgery, it was headed by assistant professor Temirbulat Zhumsilovich Sultanbaev (1974-1986). With much persistance, great enthusiasm and optimism, T.Zh.Sultanbaev began to organize and equip the department, selection and preparing of clinic staff. At the same time, it continued his daily painstaking scientific work, which ended with the successful defense of his doctoral thesis on the topic “The pathogenetic basis of the treatment of acute hematogenous osteomyelitis in children”.
Nasreddinov Kh.N. graduated with honors from Aktobe State Medical University in 1965, worked as a surgeon at the central regional hospital in Guryev region. He was an urologist, and an anesthesiologist in the medical unit of Aktobe. Turning to the Department of Pediatric Surgery in 1975, he dealt with the issues of improving anesthesia, introduced ketamine anesthesia into the practice.
Rossov V.P. graduated from the Alma-Ata State Medical Institute, worked as a pediatrician in Kustanai city, then as a children's orthopedic surgeon in Almaty. The name of Vsevolod Pavlovich is related using of intraosseous and plate metalosteosynthesis and other achievements of pediatric surgery in the field of orthopedics and traumatology. Later he was appointed chief physician of Aktobe Regional Children's Clinical Hospital.
B.S. Ormanov graduated from the Almaty State Medical Institute in 1975, worked in Arys city of the Chimkent region. The formation of Bakhitzhan Sadykovich as a professional pediatric surgeon, researcher, teacher, organizer was taken place in our department: assistant, candidate of medical sciences, associate professor. A brilliant, thoughtful surgeon, an excellent scientist, a man of broad soul here, he completed his doctoral and doctoral dissertation, which successfully defended in Moscow and Alma-Ata. Subsequently, he worked as head of the department in Astana Medical Academy, and as a dean of the pediatric faculty.
Kurkov L.P. graduated from the pediatric faculty of the Kazan State Medical Institute, worked as the chief pediatrician in Khobdinsky district of the Aktyubinsk region and as deputy head of the Aktyubinsk regional health department. Over the years of work at the department, he proved himself as a competent methodologist, thoughtful clinician, and a good surgeon. In recent years, he worked as the chief surgeon of the polyclinic of the October Railway (St. Petersburg).
Berenshtein S.S. graduated from Kharkov State Medical Institute. He dealt with issues of pediatric orthopedics and traumatology, introduced osteosyosynthesis in the clinic for the first time, and defended his doctoral dissertation in 1995 on the topic “Pathogenetic rationale for some methods of conservative treatment of Calve-Pertsess disease in children”
In 1986-1989, Rakhmetov N.R. studied at the department in the target graduate school. He graduated from Semipalatinsk State Medical Institute. Successfully defended his thesis on the topic “Lymphotropic therapy of appendicular peritonitis in children” in Moscow, he returned to his home university, where he currently works as head of the department of hospital surgery.
In 1996-2006 Dzhenalayev D.B worked as an assistant of the department, he is a graduater of the Aktobe State Medical Academy, defended his thesis on the topic “Laparoscopic Echinococcectomy of the Liver in Children” (2001) and his PhD dissertation “Pathogenetic justification for endovideosurgical surgery in children” 2007). Currently, he is the head of the department of pediatric surgery of the National Scientific Center of Motherhood and Childhood of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Since 1986, the head of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Bulat Kanapyanovich Dzhenalaev, a graduater of the Aktobe State Medical Institute in 1971. Under the guidance of a prominent pediatric surgeon, Honored Scientist of the USSR, Professor, Doctor of Medical Sciences - A.I. Lyunyushkin, he successfully defended his PhD dissertation “Distant results of surgical treatment of Hirschsprung's disease in children” and Doctoral dissertation “Pathogenetic basis of the treatment of purulent surgical infection in children of the first three years of life”
Bulat Kanapyanovich is the author of more than 200 scientific works, 3 textbooks, 20 copyright certificates and patents for inventions.
Doctor of the highest qualification category, honored worker of public health of the Republic of Kazakhstan, laureate of the Akim Prize and Maslikhat of the region. According to the results of medical and teaching activities in 2015, he became the winner of the “Altyn Adam” award of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Person of the Year of the Aktobe region in the “Doctor” nomination.
Over the years as assistants of the department worked - I.G. Voloshko, Abdullaev KP, Muzafarov S.N., Egorov S.G., Ilyasov M.T., Ayaganov A.N., laboratory doctors Krasnoshlykov B.G., Kulzhabaev T.K., Shaimardenov M.
Since 2017, the head of department is Tusupkaliev A.B. Researches in pediatric traumatology and orthopedics, purulent, thoracic, abdominal and neurosurgery, anesthesiology and reanimatology are being developed with new energy and in new directions. For the first time in Kazakhstan and the region, the laparoscopic operating room was organized, the purulent surgery department was opened, endosurgical treatment methods were introduced into the clinic, the intensive care unit was expanded, the Interregional Center for Neonatal Surgery, the Children's Cardiac Surgery Center and the Center for Outpatient Surgery were created, and the emergency service was improved.
The staff of the department and clinic defended 6 doctoral and 12 master’s theses, received 20 copyright certificates and patents for the invention, published 6 monographs and textbooks, published over 350 scientific articles, abstracts, including 10 guidelines.
1. Sultanbaev T.ZH. "Pathogenetic basis of the treatment of acute hematogenous osteomyelitis in children" (Moscow, 1978);
2. Dzhenalaev B.K. "Pathogenetic basis of the treatment of purulent surgical infection in children of the first three years of life" (Moscow, 1996);
3. Berenshtein S.S. "Pathogenetic justification for some methods of conservative treatment of Legg-Calve-Perthes disease in children" (Almaty, 1995).
4. Ormanov B.S. "Adhesive disease (diagnosis, treatment, prevention)" (Almaty, 1997);
5. Kotlobovsky V.I. “Laparoscopic surgery of common forms of appendicular peritonitis in children” (Moscow, 2004).
6. Dzhenalayev D.B. "Pathogenetic justification for endovideosurgical operations in children "(Almaty, 2007)
2. Ormanov B.S. "The role of nonclostridial anaerobic infection in pathogenesis and clinical course of appendicular peritonitis in children" (Moscow, 1986);
3. Rakhmetov N.R. "Lymphotropic therapy of appendicular peritonitis in children" (Moscow, 1989);
4. Baimenov A. M. "The use of blood irradiated with ultraviolet in the complex treatment of purulent-septic diseases in children" (Moscow, 1990);
5. Dosmagambetov S. P. "Regional lymphotropic therapy of acute purulent destructive pneumonia in children (Moscow, 1990);
6. Kotlobovsky V. I. "Laparoscopy in the diagnosis of acute appendicitis and treatment of its uncomplicated forms in children" (Moscow, 1994);
7. Altayev K. Zh. "The choice of anesthesia for emergency laparoscopic surgery in children" (Almaty, 2000);
8. Jenalayev B. K. "Laparoscopic liver echinococcemia in children" (Almaty, 2000);
9. Tusupkaliev A.B. "Laparoscopic herniaorrhaphy in children" (Almaty, 2001);
10. Sviridova M. A. "The state of the autonomic nervous system in laparoscopic and traditional interventions in children" (Moscow, 2004)
11. Baubekov Zh.T. “ Diagnosis and improvement in results of treatment after laparoscopic appendectomy in children with complicated and uncomplicated forms of acute appendicitis” (Almaty, 2006)
12. Satybaldyev K. Zh. "Combined laparoscopic operations in children" (Astana, 2001)
13. Ergalyev A.E. "Optimization of diagnostics and treatment of appendicular infiltrate in children” (Astana, 2009)
14. Bisaliev B.N. “ Optimization in treatment of gastroschisis” ( Moscow,2011)
Nowadays there are 9 staff members at the department, the percentage with academic degree is 90% . This is a big and friendly staff, with experienced professionals who love their works and children, so we have big dreams, hopes and plans for our future.