The center of family medicine and primary care research
As part of the World Bank's "Technology Transfer and Institutional Reform in the Health Sector of the Republic of Kazakhstan" project in 2010, the Evidence-based Medicine Information Center (EBMIC) was created, which was a structural unit of West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University and was part of the teaching department. After the reorganization, in September 2014, it became a subsection on evidence-based medicine of the continuous professional development department, and from September 2016 it became an independent department of evidence-based medicine, part of the Department of Educational and Methodical Work (DEMW). As part of the tasks set in the Address of the President of Kazakhstan, in September 2017, the department was reorganized into the Department of Evidence-Based Medicine and Scientific Management, where disciplines such as "Basics of evidence-based medicine" and "Scientific management" were taught at the bachelor and postgraduate levels.
In September 2018 a "Center of family medicine and primary care research" was created at the Department of Evidence-Based Medicine and Scientific Management with the goal of actively promoting modernization primary health care (PHC), which occurs in the country. Its activities will be aimed at improving the skills of health care workers working in primary health care in accordance with current world trends and the needs of the population, and conducting research in primary care on clinical topics and public health issues. In addition, the center staff will be engaged in the development and updating of clinical protocols for diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation and care in general practice, their implementation and evaluation of results.
The department introduces the principles and methodologies of evidence-based medicine in the scientific, educational process and practical public health
The main tasks and functions of the center of family medicine and primary care research:
1. Improving the quality of primary health care medical staff's training through the development and application of new educational materials and modern educational technologies, flexible client-oriented training programs, distance technologies in the education system for specialists in the regions who are not able to stay for a long time in the locations of Universities for retraining and qualification enhancement;
2. Development of the human resources capacity of primary healthcare: improving the skills of acting primary care physicians, optimizing qualification requirements to ensure the effectiveness and attractiveness of PHC in the healthcare system. Make suggestions to the Ministry of Healthcare of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
3. Development of integrated disease management programs, clinical protocols for diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation and care, evaluation of medical technologies in primary health care, in collaboration with the Republican Center for Health Development, professional and patient organizations;
4. Further development of the triunity of clinical practice, medical education and scientific activities in the field of primary health care. The center will carry out medical, educational services, and scientific activities with the immediate transfer of their results to practical health care;
5. Training mentors for young general practitioners from practical healthcare professionals by creating a system for attracting gifted specialists to the Center of Family Medicine and primary care Research at West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov state medical university;
6. Support the creation of group and individual family practices through training, family medicine principles and entrepreneurship, including international;The center will continue teaching evidence-based medicine at all levels of education.