Academic mobility and international cooperation
-External academic mobility is the movement of trainees or teaching staff researchers to study or conduct research for a specific academic period abroad;
- Internal academic mobility is the transfer of trainees or teaching staff researchers for training or research for a specific academic period within the country
The goal of academic mobility is: integration into the international educational space, the use of global educational resources.
At the same time with academic mobility, the university successfully implements the visiting-professors program by invitation of professors from abroad.
Regulations on the procedure for admission of foreign citizens at the university establishes a unified procedure for the invitation and admission of foreign citizens for internships, participation in seminars, conferences, master classes and other events.
The program's position developed is:
-Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan from 19.06.1995 year № 2337 "On the legal status of foreigners";
-Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated December 13, 1997 No. 204-I . "On migration of the population";
- Decrees of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated March 14, 2000 No. 390-16с "Instructions for securing the regime of secrecy in the Republic of Kazakhstan";
- The Charter of the RSE for PHV "West Kazakhstan State Medical University. Marat Ospanov"
The list of required documents for participation in the program Academic Mobility for professors and teachers staff:
- Application signed by the head of the department or dean;
- An official letter from the host institution of higher education addressed to the rector;
- Report on business trips, internship programs for academic mobility;
The list of required documents for participation in the program of visiting professors:
- Passport (identity card);
- Letter of invitation (addressed to the rector of the university of the invited teacher);
- Letter of consent (document confirming the arrival of the teacher);
- Copies of certificates (degrees);
- Lecture plan (must specify the group and specialty);
Requirements for participation in the programs of academic exchange (for students):
A specialist of the academic mobility, together with the deans, organizes the work of the Commission to conduct a competition among students. Selection of students to foreign universities is carried out on a competitive basis. Everyone who wants to participate in the competition must submit an application to the dean's office.(Sample).
The main criteria for selection are:
• completion of one academic period, semester, module at the University, taking into account GPA. For students traveling on academic mobility program by University funds (abroad and / or the Republic of Kazakhstan), GPA is not less than 3.00.
• a certificate of TOEFL or IELTS (score of 6) or any official certificate (a good command of English language) to far abroad.
List of required documents:
Statement for the Rector;(Sample);
Certificate of command of language;
Copy of passport;
Photo 3*4 (2 items);
Abstract of the minutes of Board meeting;
Copy of the invitation with Kazakh and Russian translations.
International cooperation and strategic partnership is one of the most important activities of the West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University, contributing to the solution of such urgent problems of the medical university as integration into the international educational space, use of world educational resources, training of highly qualified specialists, development of priority areas of medical science, the provision of a highly qualified medical care.
To the main tasks of the department:
• attraction of intellectual potential on the basis of bilateral and multilateral contracts with Kazakhstan and foreign educational institutions,
• establishment of external and internal integration links for the purpose of developing the university in priority areas,
• Implementation of the program of strategic development of the university in the international educational space;
WKMOSMU cooperates in the field of medical science, education and practical healthcare with 39 leading foreign universities on the basis of memorandums of understanding, contracts, agreements on international cooperation, the number of which is increasing every year.
Memorandums on cooperation with medical universities of near and far abroad have been concluded. Universities of Italy (University of Milan-Bicocca, Pisa, Florence, Lakvila, Milan, Sapienza University of Rome), University of Dundee, United Kingdom, University of Semelweiss, Hungary, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poland, Lithuanian University of Health Sciences, Lithuania, Riga University of Stradynia, Latvia, Medical Center of the University of AJU, MYONGJI Hospital, South Korea, State Medical University Tbilisi, Batumi State University named after Shota Rustaveli, Georgia, Belorussian state copper Qing University, Azerbaijan Medical University, International University of Malaysia, University of Cologne, Germany, Kharkiv National Medical University and 10 Russian universities are among our partners.
Within the framework of implementation the project of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan "Modernization of medical education" of the “Densaulyk” Healthcare State Development Program for 2016-2019 as a strategic partner of the West Kazakhstan State Medical University identified K. Marchinkovsky Poznan Medical University (Republic of Poland). As a result of the partnership the development of the university oriented on competitiveness with the world's leading medical schools is expected.