The internship department is a structural unit of the Department of Postgraduate Education. INTERNSHIP is improvement the professional level and degree of their readiness for independent medical activities; course of study 1-2 years; after completing training assigned qualification – doctor.
* The purpose of the internship Department is to meet the needs of University interns to deepen their education after graduation, as well as to create favorable conditions for training a qualified specialist to work in medical institutions.
* The main task of the internship Department is the timely, high-quality organization of the educational process aimed at implementing the program of clinical professional education and improving the practical training of graduates, improving their professional level and the degree of their readiness for independent medical work.
There are state license on the right conducting education in internship in the specialties – “General medicine” and “Stomatology”
Preceding level – Bachelor. Bachelor degree graduates of “General medicine” and “Stomatology” are admitted to the internship in accordance with the passing points (GPA), and the submitted applications followed by an interview.
The number of interns according to specialties is agreed upon the Department of science and human resources MH RK. Training is conducted at clinical bases.
- Medical Centre of university
- Medical institutions of Aktobe (contract between university and clinics/hospitals of practical healthcare).
Training in internship is implemented in accordance with state educational standard, state educational programme, educational plan, academic calendar, individual plan of intern’s work. During the training interns except special discipline study elective discipline, compulsory for study according to the standard programme.
Professors, associated professors, high qualified teachers and doctors with high medical categories, the head of departments of clinical bases are involved to training interns.
Types of knowledge control – exam, annual certification, final state examination
Final examination is carried on 2 stages: test and passing practical skills. Test is conducted by National Centre of Independent Examination from MH RK.
Structure of educational programme of internship (credit Technology) is formed by a modular system from different types of educational and clinical work; Internship programme included basic discipline, disciplines of main component (profile and profile adjacent), elective discipline.
Course of study in internship 1-2 years: General medicine (5+2), Stomatology (5+1) after graduating internship is issued certificate of internship complication of the state sample with the assignment of a doctor’s qualification in the specialty.
The main functions of the internship Department include:
• The internship department, together with the relevant departments, carries out admission and training in the internship of graduates of undergraduate medical schools, as well as determines the forms of preparation and control of the educational process of interns;
• Carries out the implementation of the work plan of the department;
• Organizes and monitors the quality of educational activities of the departments involved in the preparation of interns;
• Organizes and improves the methodological work of the departments involved in the preparation of interns;
• Analyzes the quality of training for internship graduates based on the results of their final certification;
• Carries out reception in the internship;
• Organizes the acceptance of documents of applicants for participation in the competition for admission to the internship;
• The department monitors the implementation by departments of instructive documents on internship of higher departmental institutions, as well as prepares orders for the university, assists in the distribution of interns;
• Prepares proposals to the Academic Council, Vice-Rectors and Chairman of the Board, Rector of the University to improve educational, research, innovative, social and educational, personnel policies;
• Participates in the organization and conduct of sports, cultural work and leisure interns.
Head of the internship Department-Suleymenova Gauhar Kaliyeva
Specialists: Zhubaeva Zhanat Bolatovna, Bisalieva Nurgul Samatovna, Iztleuova Lyazzat Niyazbekovna, Temirbay Aidana Abatovna
Aktobe, Maresyeva st. 68, main building, 603 office